We Believe In The Gospel
All of the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, authoritative Word of God and is our supreme authority for faith and practice.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Peter 1:20-21; John 10:35
The one true God is the trinitarian God of the Bible, one God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Matthew 28:19-20; Ephesians 4:4-6
God created everything out of nothing by his Word.
- Genesis 1:1, ch. 1-2; Hebrews 11:3; Revelation 4:11
Human beings have free will and have used it to sin against God.
- Genesis 3:1-6; Romans 3:23
All men and women are guilty sinners condemned before God.
- Romans 3:10-20, 23; Isaiah 53:6
Jesus Christ was fully God and fully man.
- John 1:1-3; Philippians 2:6; Colossians 2:8; Hebrews 2:17
Jesus Christ died on the cross to satisfy God’s wrath against the sins of mankind.
- Romans 3:24-25; Isaiah 53:5-6, 10; 1 John 4:10
To be saved from our sins and forgiven by God the Bible requires us to…
- Have faith in Jesus Christ and his death.
- Mark 16:16; John 1:12, 3:16-18, 5:24; Romans 10:9-10
- Repent of and turn from our sins.
- Mark 1:15; Acts 2:38, 17:30; 2 Peter 3:9
- Confess Jesus as Lord of our lives.
- Be immersed in water through Christian baptism.
- Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:3-4; Colossians 2:12; 1 Peter 3:21
The only way to God and eternal life is through Jesus Christ.
- John 3:36, 14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 John 5:12
The indwelling Holy Spirit is given to all believers upon salvation at the time of their baptism.
- Acts 2:38; John 16:6-15; Romans 5:5; 1 Corinthians 6:19; 2 Corinthians 5:5; Ephesians 1:13
Salvation is fully a work of God’s grace and cannot be achieved through works or merit.
- Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 3:10; Titus 3:5
Eternal life in the new heaven and new earth is what awaits those who accept God’s grace in salvation through Jesus Christ.
- John 3:16, 5:24; 1 John 5:13; Hebrews 11:14-16; Revelation 21:1-4
The church is the body of Christ and is comprised of all who have responded to God’s grace and have been saved from their sins.
- Acts 2:42-47; 1 Corinthians 12:27; Ephesians 4:4
God created marriage to be between one man and one woman for one lifetime and to be a picture of Christ and the church.
- Genesis 2:18-25; Ephesians 5:22-33
It is possible for one to lose their salvation through unbelief.
- Hebrews 6:4-6; Romans 11:17-22; John 15:5-7
Hell is a real place of eternal punishment reserved for those who do not accept God’s grace in salvation through Jesus Christ.
- 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9; Revelation 20:14-15